If you are not eligible for subsidies or are interested in a low-cost medical plan, short-term medical insurance may be an option to consider. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona is working with The IHC Group (IHC) to offer short-term medical plans that include:
- No enrollment period; you can apply any time during the year
- Choose the length of coverage you need
- Premiums as low as $95/month with a choice of deductible and coinsurance options*
- Includes doctor visits, hospital stays and more
- Add Rx drug benefits, out-of-pocket expense coverage, or telemedicine
Please note that short-term medical plans are not ACA-compliant plans, which means you may have to pay a tax penalty.
For more information, please call your Broker.
Short-term medical (STM) insurance is temporary coverage with limited benefits. It is not ACA-compliant, doesn't cover pre-existing conditions and is not guaranteed-issue. You may still be subject to a federal tax penalty. STM plans are offered by The IHC Group and underwritten by Standard Security Life Insurance Company of New York (SSL). The IHC Group and SSL are independent companies that do not provide, offer or sell BCBSAZ products or services and are solely responsible for the products and services they provide.
*Applies to the IHC Group’s STM plan with a $5,000 deductible and 80% coinsurance. Rates vary based on the plan, age, gender and county of residence and are subject to change. This example is based on a 30-year-old male in Yavapai County.